Discoblog is one of my favorite blogs. It reports on weird, humorous, and astonishing studies that have been published. Here are links to some posts about studies that the Disco-bloggers labeled, “analysis taken too far”:
- How academics face the world: a study of 5829 homepage pictures.
- Bobcats eating cadavers. Now THAT’s science.
- Dynamics of conflicts in Wikipedia.
- The effect of hurricanes on popular baby names.
- Effects of pleasant ambient fragrances on dental fear: comparing apples and oranges.
- Presidential laugh lines. Candidate display behavior and audience laughter in the 2008 primary debates.
- Rating of personality disorder features in popular movie characters.
Image from Microsoft Office Clipart