The Osler Library of the History of Medicine opened in 1929 to house
the collection of rare medical and other books donated by Sir William Osler,
the renowned physician and McGill graduate and professor. Initially
comprising 8000 titles listed in the Bibliotheca Osleriana, the collection
– the finest of its kind in Canada – has grown to around 100 000 works
including older, rare materials as well as current books and periodicals
about the history of the health sciences and related areas.
This blog is intended to share updates from the Osler Library about
goings-on at the library and in the world of medical humanities, as well as
news and tips for users of our resources.