Beginning in 1899, this travelling library was supported by the McLennan family and administered by McGill University. It operated mainly in rural Quebec. In 1978 its functions were absorbed by the programme of the Bibliothèque centrale de l’Estrie.
— Summary from the description of Record Group no. 40 from Volume one of ‘A Guide to Archival Resources at McGill University’. McGill University Archives. 1985.
Want to see more vintage McGill library bookplates? We’ve put a small selection on Pinterest for easy browsing from the Philippe Masson Collection of Ex Libris digital collection.