… feel the need for some forum where they (the students) can exchange their intellectual and emotional experiences, where they can present to their fellow-beings their clarified conception of some bewildering phenomenon or some haunting passion. And it is to fill this need that the “McGilliad” makes its appearance.
The first year they published two issues in March and April of 1930 under the editorial direction of A. M. Klein.
In November 1930 publication resumed under the direction of David Lewis. In the last issue of our collection, Volume 2 Issue 5, the editorial happily announced that the Students’ Council had “definitely taken the journal under its jurisdiction. The “McGilliad” is now a legal student activity, resting on a basis of sound and lasting security.”