A Multitude of Resources at your Fingertips
Over the years, McGill University has acquired a leading position in the Canadian research arena. With this innovation-driven environment in mind, the McGill Library has subscribed to the complete package of SAGE e-resources, equipping students, researchers, and faculty with an expansive reference collection; research methods journals, videos, and texts; and content emphasizing critical thinking, data analysis, and computational tools.
For a brief outline of the resources available and links to the databases, read the following:
- SAGE Books: hosts titles on topics across the social sciences. It includes academic and supplementary titles that contribute to the knowledge base of students and researchers, foundational books in core areas of research and debate, accessible student references, and numerous practical professional titles in education. The SAGE Book platform allows you to search by Discipline or Content Type, making research all the more streamlined.
- SAGE Journals: supporting both gold open access publication and green open access archiving, the database covers e-journals in areas of business & management, communication & media studies, humanities & social sciences, health, psychiatry, nursing, pharmacology and neuroscience.
- SAGE Knowledge:cross-media platform for SAGE books, business cases, research and video content for the social sciences.
- SAGE Research Methods: provides material to guide users through every step of the research process. A methods library with more than 1000 books, reference works, journal articles, and instructional videos by academics from across the social sciences.
- SAGE Skills Business: self-guided content for students to learn essential business skills in the areas of entrepreneurship, leadership, organizational communication, professionalism, and data analytics.
- SAGE Video: platform for educational video content across key social, behavioural, and health science disciplines. Includes closed-captioning and selected audio description. Content is cite-able with searchable transcripts, custom clip creation, embedding options.
All the resources cited above can be accessed through your McGill Library account. Simply sign in with your institutional (McGill) email, and from the Library Homepage go to ‘Databases A-Z’ under ‘Find’. You may type ‘Sage’ in the database search bar, or alternatively, click on ‘S’ to be taken directly to a list of the databases.
You may direct any related queries or general questions through email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.