Having attended some presentations at conferences about the stress and mental health of university students, we decided on a new initiative at the Law Library. This fall semester we created a de-stress corner.
Our first puzzle of 500 pieces was done in a week! We are posting the finished puzzle images on the Law Library FaceBook page, where it has created a lot of interest.
We are already on our fifth puzzle and students are loving it! Some students shared with us their questions and comments:
- Where do you get this puzzles from?
- The nice staff at the Gelber Law Library brings these from home or go to a thrift shop to buy these.
- What do you do with them after these are done? Do you frame these?
- We don’t frame the puzzles. We put them back in their boxes. We are also sharing the puzzles with an older man in his 80’s that lives in an Old Age Home Residence who loves to do puzzles and exercise his brain.
- “I’m a puzzle person and it is such a good idea to have this at the Library. This last puzzle is difficult and fun!”
- I spent an hour doing the sky and I enjoyed it very much!
- This is becoming a social activity and bringing us to the Library. Thank you for doing this!
Our new puzzle has 1000 pieces. We all enjoyed seeing students working at it, and taking a well-deserved few minutes break from their studies.